Saturday, July 25, 2009

Wedding Card & Matching Box

So last night I couldn't sleep, (husband snoring, again) and as I was checking my emails found this beautiful card by Flowerbug's Inkspot, and thought I have everything to make this card. So here is my take on her card. Its pretty much the same except for the greeting which is stamped with White Craft Ink on Basic Grey card stock. The base of the card is Whisper White and cut out using the Mover & Shaper die with the heart. I added a small piece of the new Bride Designer paper and the taffeta ribbon. Then I punched out the flowers from Trio Flowers several times and glued them with my glue pen around the heart. Makes it look kind of lacy, doesn't it? I almost forgot, I used the new Perfect Details Textuzed plate on the card base before I added the flowers, ribbon & Designer papers.
Then I saw a tutorial on Ilina Crouse's blog to make this little box out of the Petal card die. I cut 4 of the Petal cards out in Whisper White and cut off one petal on each of them. They you adhere each petal to the next one until you have a box. I then added the Basic Grey & Bride Designer papers to each side and used our Grey Taffeta ribbon to tie it all up. Easy peasy.

2 comments:

Patty Bennett said...

Thanks for bringing these today.. they are sooooooo awesome!! I need to play around with both of those ideas!! :) Patty

LeeAnn Greff said...

Beautiful job Cindee. Thanks for linking to my blog too.

And I LOVE your purse ala Becky. It's a perfect idea for that paper - just gorgeous!